Something like a biography.

You know, I don't really need one because I'm not anyone famous or anything, but I figured writing one might help me better understand what kind of person I exemplify and how different (or similar) it is from who I intend to be. How about.. a self-analysis.

So I'm a second-year humanities student at the University of Toronto, the most beautiful campus EVER! Probably not, but it's the nicest one I've visited; its aesthetics was one of the biggest factors that lead to my acceptance of their acceptance last year. I like French and I like English grammar so I'm planning on doing a double-major in French Language & Linguistics (1) and Linguistics (2). We'll see how that goes.

If I'm not on my laptop I'm in bed because I love sleep. And if I'm not in either of those positions, I'm either slouched over at the piano (my great posture is gradually diminishing... my piano teacher would not be impressed) or out with friends trying to be as adventurous as possible (or that might just be in my head. I don't have a car so my 'being adventurous' usually entails taking a thirty-minute bus ride somewhere far away from home). This is all true, I'm not one to sugar-coat much, but I do tend to confuse my imagination and will-power with reality.

If I'm on my laptop, I'm either on PCO (Planning Center Online) scheduling worship teams or sending a message about another new song list that will never get played (we seriously need to find a better way of executing those), or I'm on HootSuite staring at a tweet or status update that I wrote half an hour ago making sure it makes complete sense before I schedule it (and sometimes I end up sending it out by accident, resulting in having to pull out my ninja skills, opening Facebook and Twitter simultaneously, and deleting the premature posts before anyone sees them). Or, I'm probably on YouTube watching videos of a girl and her awesome dogs, or an asian girl putting on make-up, or an amazing short-haired blonde lady stare at the camera with her mesmerizing blue eyes, or listening to the funniest chef I know make food that I wish I could eat out of the screen. Jenna, Michelle, Ellen, Chef John.

Recently, I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen. It's probably the hormones powering my legs to go down the stairs and my arms to pull out the flour, the eggs, the sugar, the baking pan... I'm not that terrible at baking nor am I really that great, but I'm persistent so... whatever.

I like music, but I really like silence, too. One thing I hate, though, is being alone. Everyone needs their space sometimes, I get that and I often need my own space too, but sometimes being alone isn't all that fun. I've grown up to be a very independent person; I like to take responsibility for things and take up leadership roles but as 'self-sufficient' as I may seem to be, I love people. I like being around people; I like being out, doing something, going on adventures, getting lost (with others, of course), all that stuff. I don't have much family here. Actually, I don't really have any other family members apart from my brother, my parents, and my aunt. The closest family we have lives in Winnipeg. Other than that, the rest of my cousins and family members are in the Philippines, so my sense of family mainly comes from my church family.

I'd like to think I have an interesting brain. I think a lot about a lot. Sometimes I like to just listen to others speak so I can understand better who they are as a person and what goes on in their brains. I feel that, a lot of the time, people want to be heard - so I like to give them the opportunity. I'd like to think that makes me a good friend but a recent tweet I read taught me a new meaning for relational, intentional friendships.

Comments

Popular Posts